Contact: Crime-Free Housing Program Coordinator
Address: 200 W. Clay, Collinsville, IL 62234
Phone: 618-344-2131 x5122
Hours: Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM
The Collinsville Crime-Free Housing Program is a partnership between the City of Collinsville, residential property owners, rental residents and the Collinsville Police Department to reduce crime in and around residential rental properties in the City of Collinsville.
In order to obtain a Residential Landlord License, all owners, managers and representatives must comply with the requirements of the Collinsville Crime Free Housing Program Ordinance. These requirements include:
- Successful attendance of a five hour Crime Free Housing seminar
- Each residential rental unit must pass a Crime Prevention Through Environmental Design inspection
- Pay an annual fee of $25.00 per rental unit (crime free fee)
- Pay an annual license fee of $25.00 (business license)
- Add a Crime-Free Addendum to rental leases and obtain signatures from persons renting the units
- Must enforce the addendum by an eviction process after notification of sufficient violations by the lessee from the program coordinator
The Crime Free Program Coordinator will work with all owners’ managers and representatives to resolve all matters involving residential rental properties prior to any eviction process.
The City of Collinsville looks forward to working with the property owners and managers to form a new functional relationship to improve the quality of life in our community by taking a proactive approach to crime.
Attention Landlords and Property Owners
The Crime-Free lease addendum is now available online for your convenience.