Trash and Recycling Services
- The City of Collinsville contracts Republic Services for trash and recycling for the residents of Collinsville.
- Each customer is provided a 95 gallon trash cart as well as a 95 gallon recycling cart.
- Additional trash carts may be leased for $2/month, with a 3 month commitment.
- A resident can exchange their 95-gallon trash cart for a 65-gallon trash cart.
Proper cart placement for automated service:
- Have your cart at the curb by 6am of your service day.
- Place the cart at least five (5) feet from any object; like a tree, pole, fire hydrant, mailbox, electrical box, cable box, etc. and at least five(5) feet away from cars so the automated arm can reach your cart.
- Please have this same distance of five (5) between trash and recycle carts.
- Don’t lean anything against the cart.
- Don’t place your cart under a tree or near utility lines.
- Place carts one (1) foot from the curb or edge of the street.
- All trash must be bagged and contained inside your Republic Service cart, with the lid closed.
- Bags/trash lying outside of the cart or personal cans/containers will not be picked up.
For any question about automated trash collection call Republic Services Customer Service at 618-656-6883.
Bulk Pickup Service
The City of Collinsville’s contracted waste hauler, Republic Services, provides individually scheduled bulk trash pick up twice a year.
Instead of spring and fall “all trash days” you now have the flexibility to set up your own, individually scheduled bulk pickup two times a calendar year – at no cost.
Each of the two bulk pickups must be scheduled through Republic Services customer service representatives prior to setting items out curbside by calling 618-656-6883.
Please do not contact the City of Collinsville to coordinate the individually scheduled bulk pickups.
When calling Republic Services, please be prepared to provide a description of the items that will be set out, the Customer service representative will then give you the exact date to set items out curbside. The date given to the household will be within seven days from the call-in.
After households use their two (2) individually scheduled bulk pickups, there is a cost for bulk pickup and appliance pickup. Bulk item pickups will be a minimum of $50 and appliances will be a minimum of $30 per appliance.
Both bulk item and appliance pickups must be prepaid and scheduled through Republic Services customer service representatives by calling 618-656-6883.
For a list of items that are acceptable for bulk trash pickup please call Republic Services or visit their website.
The trash and recycling services provided by the city does not include residential yard waste collection.
To schedule yard waste collection with Republic Services please contact their customer service department at 618-656-6883.
The recycling of Electronics & Appliances is a service provided free of charge to Collinsville Residents by Power Recycling.
A monthly drop off is held the 2nd Saturday of the month from 9am till noon at the public parking lot at 227 West Main Street. (Across from Spiritos Italian Grocery)
See the flyer below for details of items to drop off.
If you have questions please call Power Recycling at 618-344-7232.