Celebrating Today’s Youth…Recognizing Tomorrow’s Leaders
The City of Collinsville in partnership with the Collinsville Chamber of Commerce will host the Annual Community Awards Banquet on Thursday, November 7, 2019, at Gateway Center located at One Gateway Drive, Collinsville, Illinois.
Eligibility: The Leaders of Tomorrow Award honors those youth who are involved in the community of Collinsville in constructive and positive ways, that have impacted the lives of others that reside here and inspired others to make a difference through their actions. We encourage you to take the time to nominate a person you feel is deserving of this recognition.
- Nominees must be enrolled in a Collinsville Public or private school between 5th and 12th grade as of November 7, 2019.
- We are looking for youth who:
- Act as leaders and good role models in their communities
- Volunteer their time to help others
- Take initiative
- Do work which benefits and helps to create positive change within the Collinsville community
This award is for outstanding Collinsville youth. The term “outstanding” is very board. In evaluating the nominations, more emphasis will be placed on recognizing youth who are involved in their community in constructive ways. This might mean volunteering their time, fundraising, social work, advocacy, and other forms of community service. Keep in mind that this does not mean that only youth who actively pursue such initiatives are eligible; many people create positive change indirectly as a result of being themselves and following their passion.
- An individual cannot receive an award in the same category if they received the award in the previous year.
- To nominate an individual, please fill out a nomination form.
- Deadline:October 4, 2019. Submission of a complete and legible nomination form is the sole responsibility of the nominator.Incomplete nomination forms that are missing information; not signed by the nominee will NOT be considered for review.
- A Selection Committee assembled by the both the City of Collinsville and Collinsville Chamber of Commerce will choose the award recipient.
- Only the chosen recipient will be contacted.However, we are proud of all nominees for their hard work and dedication.
- Recipients selected for an award will be notified by phone and/or mail by Wednesday,
October 16, 2019.
- Award winners must be able to attend the awards ceremony in order to receive the award.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION, OCTOBER 4, 2019