The City created Collins Park, a new community gathering place that will also serve as an attractive entryway to the Uptown area.
The focal point of the park is the D.D. Collins House. The D.D. Collins House is a Greek revival home built in 1845. Its architecture is rare, preceding Victorian style architecture. The home was built by Judge Daniel Dove Collins (Madison County 2nd court, 1853-1857), first president of the Collinsville Village Board. On September 24, 2016 The Daniel Dove Collins House was presented to the residents of Collinsville after an 18 year restoration process.
Though ownership of the home and park will remain with the City of Collinsville, a 501(c) Friends group has recently been formed to operate this historic home. The Friends of the D.D. Collins House will act as a support group for the site. The group will maintain the educational garden, select and acquire interior décor, conduct tours, fundraise and develop educational materials and programs.
D.D. Collins House
703 W. Main Street
Open for Tours
(Except Holiday Weekends)
Friends of the D.D. Collins House
The D.D. Collins House is operated by The Friends of D.D. Collins House who make tours possible through generous Volunteer time and resources.