City Hall 618-346-5200

Collins Park - Featuring Daniel Dove Collins House

 

The City created Collins Park, a new community gathering place that will also serve as an attractive entryway to the Uptown area. The focal point of the park is the D.D. Collins House. The D.D. Collins House is a Greek revival home built in 1845. Its architecture is rare, preceding Victorian style architecture. The home was built by Judge Daniel Dove Collins (Madison County 2nd court, 1853-1857), first president of the Collinsville Village Board.  

On September 24, 2016 The Daniel Dove Collins House was presented to the residents of Collinsville after an 18 year restoration process.

 

Below are photos from the Dedication and Grand Opening Ceremonies.

 

Though ownership of the home and park will remain with the City of Collinsville, a 501(c) Friends group has recently been formed. The Friends of the D.D. Collins House will act as a support group for the site. The group will maintain the educational garden, select and acquire interior d├ęcor, conduct tours, fundraise and develop educational materials and programs. Those interested in joining the Friends group may contact President Lavadna Hines at (618) 420-0288

National RegisterPrevious Owners of HouseCollins House Facts

 

Latest Blogs

    Contact us:

    City Hall:

    City of Collinsville

    125 S. Center Street
    Collinsville,IL 62234

    Tel: 618-346-5200

    Service Desk Hours: 8:30am - 5:00 pm

    Contact City Council:

    Mayor John Miller  - jmiller@collinsvilleil.org - 618-346-5200 x1162 

    Councilman Nancy Moss  - nmoss@collinsvilleil.org - 618-346-5200 x1163

    Councilman Jeff Kypta  - jkypta@collinsvilleil.org - 618-346-5200 x1115

    Councilman Cheryl Brombolich  - cherylbrombolich@collinsvilleil.org - 618-346-5200 x1169

    Councilman Jeff Stehman  - jstehman@collinsvilleil.org - 618-346-5200 x1135

    * Required