On Monday, July 10, 2017, automated trash collection will begin for the residents of the City of Collinsville.
All residential customers will receive a new 95-gallon trash cart, during the weeks of Monday, June 26th through Friday, July 7th. These blue trash carts are similar to the current recycling cart, but with a black lid labeled trash.
Additional trash carts may be leased for $2/month, with a 3 month commitment.
A resident can exchange their 95-gallon trash cart for a 65-gallon trash cart, free of charge, through August 31, 2017.
Residents will no longer need to provide their own containers for trash.
Republic Services will dispose of the personal trash containers through July 31, 2017. If you want
Republic Services to dispose of your trash containers, set them at the curb and mark “take container.”
Some residents may have a change in their service date. Watch your mail the week of June 26, 2017 for service date information.
Proper cart placement for automated service:
- Have your cart at the curb by 6am of your service day.
- Place the cart at least five (5) feet from any object; like a tree, pole, fire hydrant, mailbox, electrical box, cable box, etc. and at least five(5) feet away from cars so the automated arm can reach your cart.
- Please have this same distance of five (5) between trash and recycle carts.
- Don’t lean anything against the cart.
- Don’t place your cart under a tree or near utility lines.
- Place carts one (1) foot from the curb or edge of the street.
- All trash must be bagged and contained inside your Republic Service cart, with the lid closed.
- Bags/trash lying outside of the cart or personal cans/containers will not be picked up.
For any question about automated trash collection call Republic Services Customer Service at:
And remember, service starts July 10, 2017.